We believe Canvas has distinct advantages and we encourage faculty to explore its features and to consider using it for their courses.
- a clean, intuitive design
- course modules to make it easy to organize content and assignments
- learning outcomes to connect coursework with competencies
- SpeedGrader for quick entry of feedback and grades
- course analytics providing a graphical overview of course activity
- an open platform offering many third-party apps
- continuous updates
- dedicated Canvas support
What Georgetown faculty are saying about Canvas:
- "The system is MUCH more flexible and fluid than Blackboard. I can make Pages of links more easily and faster. The gradebook function is also MUCH easier."
- Professor Robynn Stilwell, Associate Professor, Department of Performing Arts
- "We will eventually all move to this, have to keep up with technology. Some very exciting, useful features, including mobile app. Pretty seamless transition from Bb."
- Professor Astrid Weigert, Teaching Professor, Department of German
- "Overall, my experience with Canvas has been very positive. I like it, and my students seem to be satisfied with it too.
- Louise Hipwell, Associate Teaching Professor, Department of Italian
- "The transition was fairly seamless, and it is much more intuitive to use than Blackboard. There are transition costs, but they weren't very high."
- Professor Barbara Schone, Teaching Professor, McCourt School of Public Policy